Come at me with suggestions! What should a francophile, gastronome, nostalgist, ailurophile, oenophile* be aiming to achieve with her free time in the UK and Europe?
Sometimes lists such as the one I am compiling pertain to a certain bucket being kicked at the end but seeing as I would like to be very much alive when my visa expires in two years time, I have lamely renamed mine the UKet list.
- Open air cinema in Regent’s park
- See a show at the Shakepeare Globe theatre
- Royal Ascot races
- Hampton Court
- Kensington Palace
- Complete full TEFL Certificate
- Join a gym and make friends!
- Join French conversation group
- Start learning another language (Spanish? Mandarin?)
- Visit Lady Dinah’s Cat Emporium…opening soon!
- The France Show, 17 – 19 January 2014
- Harry Potter world
In the UK
- Warwick Castle
- North Wales Castles and towns
- Climb Arthur’s Seat and visit the Castle, Edinburgh
- See a cricket match in idyllic setting
- Lincoln Castle (perhaps for Lincolnshire Sausage Festival? 26 October 2013)
- Nottingham Castle and Wollaton Hall (perhaps for Robin Hood Pageant? 26-27 October 2013)
- St Albans
- Magna Carta 800 year anniversary and medieval fair, St Albans
- Lyon, France
- Mont St Michel, France
- Chateau Chambord, France
- Basque region, France and Spain Spring or Autumn
- The Baltics, Summer 2014 or 2015
- Bruges, Belgium (preferably for Christmas markets)
- Trip to Northern Africa, Winter 2014/15
- Kattenfestival! It’s a real thing. Ypres, Belgium 10 May 2015
*For those without a fondness for latin and greek roots: French culture lover, food lover, history lover, cat lover, wine lover.